Birth Doula Services
MILEAGE | The standard mileage fee is included in my doula package, and covers my drive time and gasoline. The standard mileage fee applied to areas within my 40 mile one-way coverage radius. The coverage radius is from my home in northern Delaware county to your home
EXTENDED MILEAGE FEE ($75) | For areas outside my 40 mile one-way coverage radius, I charge an additional extended mileage fee.
INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT | As a doula, I am a not a medical professional and unable to bill insurance companies for reimbursement. I can provide a business receipt for you to submit to your insurance company. There are some companies who may reimburse for doula services. Doula services can often be paid through a flexible spending account (FSA).
NON-SMOKING | I am only able to provide services to non-smoking families. Thank you for your understanding.
birth doula package | $1000
DEPOSIT ($500) | Due at time of hire (non-refundable).
BALANCE ($500) | Due by 36 weeks of pregnancy.
REPEAT DOULA PACKAGE ($900) | If I have previously provided you with doula support, I offer a discount for your upcoming birth. This package includes the standard mileage fee and all items listed below. We have one prenatal meeting prior to birth to discuss birth plans.
- free initial consultation
- two prenatal meetings in your home
- my birth doula handout packet
- discussion of birth preference options
- join you at a care provider appointment, if we have not previously worked together
- unlimited phone/email/text support
- on-call for your birth from 38 to 42 weeks
- continuous labor support at your home and/or hospital, (unlimited - no additional fee for extended labors)
- assistance with positions, comfort measures, heat pack, massage/touch, peanut ball and rebozo
- photos taken with your camera. If you are interested in professional birth photography, please see my birth photography page.
- discussion of breastfeeding basics prenatally, and assistance with initial breastfeeding
- a qualified backup doula will be provided. Read more about backup doula support.
- continuous postpartum support up to two hours after the birth, or longer in special circumstances
- written timeline of your birth
- one in-home postpartum visit
- postpartum phone/email/text support for questions and referrals up to six weeks postpartum
OPTIONAL SERVICES | NO ADDITIONAL FEE
- TENS UNIT | The purpose of TENS is a reduction in labor pain, specifically to the lower back area. You have access to my TENS unit and a personal set of electrodes for use during your labor. Read more about TENS.
(photos of Jenn Elfner provided by Happy Ely After)